Nationally, energy costs consume about 7.1 percent of the average consumer’s total income. However, monthly energy bills for Colorado residents are the lowest in the nation.
According to WalletHub, a consumer focused website, the new study looked at three areas: electricity, natural gas, and monthly fuel consumption.
Colorado’s average monthly energy cost is $301.
Compared to other states the rankings are:
1. 1st, or cheapest in the nation, on the price of natural gas.
2. 14th for electricity consumption per consumer.
3. 19th for fuel consumption per driver.
4. 29th for the price of electricity.
5. 26th for the price of fuel.
6. 33rd for natural gas consumption per consumer.