If you’re dealing with a small-apartment or small bedroom, here is a list of clever space-saving solutions.
1. A nightstand that mounts on the wall is perfect for a small bedroom. The open space underneath the nightstand visually enlarges the space, and you can also stash things like shoes and books underneath.
2. Mounting a lamp on the wall frees up space on top of the nightstand.
3. Hang shelves on the wall. Wall shelves provide a catch-all for books and other items in super-narrow spaces.
4. For even more storage, consider hanging shelves up high that run the length of the room. You won’t lose any floor space at all, and you’ll gain a lot of storage space.
5. A deep wall-mounted shelf can double as a desk.
6. Why not reclaim the unused space above your headboard? A shelf mounted above the bed adds extra storage, and lights underneath free up the nightstand.
7. Check out this idea of the IKEA Trones as a nightstand, shoe storage, and bedside catchall all in one.
8. If your apartment is lacking in closet space, wardrobes flanking the bed can go a long way toward making up for it. They also provide a nice, built-in look.
9. For window treatments, try layering shades and light, gauzy curtains for a window treatment that’s cozy but not bulky.
10. Check out these other space-saving tips from Business Insider:
For more helpful tips, be sure to follow us on Pinterest.